My photo. Pelican Little Sarasota Bay at Blackburn Point. Florida! 2015

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone and Happy Hanukkah

Somehow I feel the spirit of Thanksgivings past, the reasons for my thankfulness, to remember the beginnings warms my heart. ❤

Beyond my first loves God, my family, and friends, I savor as much of life as I can.  Grateful to still be a living participant.

Art is another person’s concept and skill, what is in their minds 
eye, and heart.  On occasion a painting or drawing walks into my heart to stay.  At these times something of how I see and feel is expressed by someone of the same spirit.

I give you Harvey Dunn from South Dakota, a tiny sample of his art (1884 to 1952):
The Prairie is My Garden.Digging Out

And....

“In 1621, the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies. For more than two centuries, days of thanksgiving were celebrated by individual colonies and states. It wasn't until 1863, in the midst of the Civil War, that President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national Thanksgiving Day to be held each November.”

Life is very changed since civil war time.  While tradition remains a large part of me, my celebration and focus has enlarged.  Tradition not being the end all.

And...


and


No comments:

Post a Comment