My photo. Pelican Little Sarasota Bay at Blackburn Point. Florida! 2015

Monday, December 23, 2013

A Little Bit of Christmas Cheer!

Snapshots
by
the wild magnolia
(notice Molly peeking out the door.)

A Little Bit of Christmas Cheer!

Finally I completed two simple tasks.  Arranged new artificial poinsettias and took my three foot Christmas tree out of the box.  Once I “arranged” the limbs and lights, I plugged it in.  Dazzling tiny white lights and a lighted base.  Nice.

Thanksgiving this year brought a little sadness in me, missing my family, Thanksgiving and Christmases past.  Oh I am really not depressed, just missing my people. 

Twinkling lights day or night, Christmas or year round, doesn’t matter to me, so long as they are lighting up my world.

The magic of Christmas belongs to children.  I had my turn, and it couldn't have been better.


Dining out for Christmas dinner this year, if we find a restaurant open!  I really want everyone to have the day off, so I won't be heart broke if everything is closed.  I'll figure something out!


My Christmas wish, "Let there be Peace on Earth!"

Merry Christmas Everyone!




1 comment:

  1. I miss my family this time of year as well. Every time I see ribbon candy, I think of my grandma and going to her house on the holiday. Mmm. Dinner out sounds good.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete