My photo. Pelican Little Sarasota Bay at Blackburn Point. Florida! 2015

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Oimealg, Imbolc and Brigid

Imbolc (pronounced “IM-bulk” or Mm-bowlk”)
The festival of the lactating lambs(s)
google image

Ewes milk, the first spring lambs
Marking the center of the dark time of the year
Blessing of the seed and consecration of agricultural tools
Festival Of the Maiden
Brighid’s snake emerges to test the weather
Origin of Ground Hog Day
google images
google images
 google image


google image

google

winter loosens her grip

midway point between the winter solstice and the spring equinox

feasting and bonfires

food and music

House cleaning

A celebration, a welcoming, the returning Sun

Don’t loose heart, spring will return.

You would not believe my imaginations, I put myself back in the day this celebration began.


I appreciate my ancestry.
❤❤❤

Mitakuye Oyasin – We Are All Related

1 comment:

  1. This was a beautiful post, dear friend. And that cake. Made of all of my favorites. Makes me want a piece. Hoping your Imbolc was one of joy and love.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete